Expanding the Teacher’s horizon: The Future for Educators
Start:September 28, 2020
End:October 2, 2020
Summary: The webinar discussion focuses on the challenges and opportunities for educators in the next decade. The experts will deliberate on the academic, social and economic impacts on schools and teacher livelihood as well as the opportunities opening up post COVID-19.
Who is this program for: This event is for any school leader, educator, teacher and trainer working in the space of K-12 education.
This program will be held in 2 parts:
- Webinar: 28th Sept 2020, 3.30 – 5 pm
- 1-day online teaching pedagogy training* by Pearson Teacher Education and Leadership Academy (TELA):
- 1st Oct 2020, 3.30 – 5 pm
- 2nd Oct 2020, 3.30 – 5 pm
*The same training will be given on both 1st and 2nd October 2020, and the teachers can opt for any of the days.
Key questions to be discussed during this webinar include:
- What are the challenges and opportunities for educators in the near and far future?
- When there are these seismic shifts, how do you react to it and how should you react to it?
- What skills will you need to develop to stay relevant?
- What trends and changes are taking place globally in the education industry?
- How to move beyond the role (or career) of a “teacher” to be someone who is successful in the new landscape?
- How a specialized online teaching pedagogy training by Pearson Teacher Education and Leadership Academy will support teacher development.
Further, a 1-day professional learning session on improving teachers’ skills in online teaching is being offered.
Successful teachers will receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Opening: Mr. Amit Mathur, Co-Founder, Access-School
- Keynote: Dr. G. Balasubramanian, Former Director (Academic) CBSE, Editor-in-Chief, The Progressive School Magazine
- Guest Speaker: Mrs. Seshni Naicker, Director Pearson Teacher Education and Leadership Academy
- Guest Speaker: Mrs. Manju Gupta, Principal, Kothari International School
- Mrs. Kaadambari Muttoo – Ex-teacher The British School, Ex-Director Academics for GEMS India, Author
- Mrs. Neerja Bhasin – Innovative Science Teacher, Ex-Systems & Design Analyst
- Mrs. Shoma Lahiri – English Teacher and Cambridge Coordinator Ex-The Shri Ram School
MODERATOR: Ms. Ruvneet Bains, M.Ed, Efficacy and Research India Geo Lead at Pearson